Andersen Windows, Inc.
Andersen is located in Bayport, Minnesota and has been in business as a premium wood window manufacturer for well over 100 years. With over 20,000 windows shipped on a daily basis from a single point, Andersen quite possibly is the largest wood window manufacturer in the world. The Andersen products are designed and built to withstand the rigors of extreme weather elements while providing the state of the art for energy efficiency. What gives Andersen an advantage over global competition is the product value that comes thru economy of scale. Andersen offers various tiers of products including the following:
- A-Series – This is Andersen’s most recently introduced architectural product.
- 400 & 200 Series Windows & Patio Doors – This is Andersen’s core product family and where product value thru economy of scale is achieved.
- 100 Series – This is a product family that relies on the Andersen Fibrex extrusion technology. Fibrex is composed of 50% wood fiber and 50% PVC with a cap coat to provide a low maintenance exterior and interior finish.
- Eagle Series – This is Andersen’s answer to custom size and specification wood windows, with 50 standard exterior colors and optional species of wood and interior finishes, and triple pane glazing.
- Entryways – Andersen provides many standardized entryway options to support existing window and patio door customers.
Lead times on core products often depend on the selected product sizes and options and not the volume of products, ranging between 2-5 weeks plus transit time to job site. The Andersen international team works directly with the project architectural consultant during the product selection and architectural design of the project fašade. Andersen provides on site installation training and inspection to ensure successful installation of the products by the general contractor. Andersen is strictly a window manufacturer and does not provide installation or maintenance services. All on site assembly and installation is provided by the general contractor. The 20/10 Years product warranty is unique in that it includes replacement of the defective components including prepaid freight, duties, and taxes. The warranty does not include the cost of labor.
Available operable window styles are Casement and Awning with a manual or optional motorized crank out operator, and Double Hung windows with a Tilt Wash feature for easy cleaning of the exterior surfaces from the interior, as well as a myriad of combinations with or without stationary windows, arched and elliptical specialty windows.
Andersen has been supporting international projects for over 20 years with completed projects in Canada, Mexico, Bahamas, United Kingdom, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Gibraltar, Sweden, Poland, Italy, Slovenia, Turkey, Bulgaria, Greece, Ghana, Nigeria, Sudan, Egypt, KSA, UAE, Seychelles, Russia, Vietnam, China, South Korea, Japan, and Philippines.
Wood: Architects need to check finer points (28 Jun 2012)
Andersen Corporation Announces Its First Corporate Sustainability Report. (27 Jun 2012)
Featured Company: Andersen Windows (23 Jun 2012)