WHAT IS IT
PLANET SUPRA is a nanotechnology-based, high performance heat reflective and insulating coating, applicable on most surfaces like normal paint. Planet Supra is water based, non-toxic, VOC-free exhibits anti-mold properties.
The result is lower energy consumption with effective climate control
- Reduces surface temperatures.
- Reduces energy consumption up to 25% or more.
- Decreases overall carbon footprint.
Traditional Ceramic Paint:
- Ceramic coating is a special paint that once applied to a roof’s surface, will reflect a certain amount of solar radiation
- However, the major problem with a ceramic is its longevity, since a roof’s surface will get dirty over time, greatly reducing the coatings effectiveness
- If the surface is not regularly cleaned, one would need to repaint it in less than 5 years
- PLANET SUPRA is the next generation in thermal barrier coating
- Uses “silica beads” instead of “ceramic beads” as the main ingredient
- The performance is superior to a typical ceramic coating because its durability/longevity is at least 10 years
- PLANET SUPRA comes in a container ready-mixed in the factory and is water-based which means it is VOC free
- A ceramic coating normally needs to be mixed on site
- Therefore, silica-based coating will have better quality control
- Planet Supra can be applied on roof surface with less thickness (200 microns)
- In addition, titanium oxide is added to the mixture so that the surface “cleans itself” once exposed to UV rays from the sun
As a result, regular cleaning can be done easily. The life span of the product is 10 years.
WHERE CAN IT BE USED
Our thermal barrier coating can be used on following surfaces and only two coats of painting with ordinary painting tools are required or air less spray gun.
- Wooden structures
- Water proofing sheets
- Plastic surfaces
- Cloth / Tent
- Surfaces on which Solar panels are placed
WHY IS IT GREEN
The main purpose of Planet Supra is to reduce “Heat Load” of the buildings by reflecting sunlight. The buildings and structures painted with Planet Supra will use less electricity thus reducing the carbon footprint of the building on a linear basis. Planet Supra has been found to reduce CO2 emissions more than 30% on a steel structure warehouse. The use of Planet Supra on buildings can also serve to earn a significant amount of LEED points.
In our most recent project in Thailand the surface temperature of the roof went down by 21.5C. The inner temperature was lowered by 28%. A maximum difference of 46% was recorded when compared with identical days before and after painting. The electricity consumption was reduced by 46%.
See brochure for more information.
Certificates & Memberships
This section provides you with a list of eco-labels, quality labels and memberships related to the supplier and the product. Click on the logos to read more about each organisation. For more information about eco-labels in general please click here.
Our intent with green attributes is to highlight to specifiers or end users what makes a product green. Is the product made with recycled or agricultural waste content, does it save energy, water or waste, does it conserve natural resources, does it avoid toxic or other emissions, does it contribute to a safe, healthy indoor environment, and is it locally available, etc. Click on any of the icons for an explanation of the attribute.
|Saves Energy||: Yes||Saves Water||: No|
|Minimizes Waste||: No||Recycled Content||: 0%|
|VOC Content||: ≤ 10 g/L||Durability||: 6 - 10 years|
|Biobased Content||: 0%||Reusable||: No|
|Renewable Energy||: 0%||Recycled Packaging||: 0%|
|Maintenance/Cleaning||: Not Required||Availability||: > 8 weeks EXW|
|Indicative Price||: Not Available||Code of Conduct||: Yes|
|Embodied Carbon||: Not Available|
Planet Supra launched in Oman. (26 Jul 2011)
Related search terms: paint, paints, coating, nanotechnology, high performance heat reflective, water based, non-toxic, VOC-free, anti-mold, insulating, energy saving.