Subscribe to newsletter
|24 Jun 2012|
UltraSTEEL® - a patented cold rolled pre-forming process.
What is Product of the Month?
Welcome to our Green Product of the Month. Each month we take one of the products that the team has recently reviewed and showcase it here. Every week, The Future Build team are finding out about some new, really cool green product.
We will select a product which we particularly liked and highlight it on this page. If we receive comments from visitors these will also be taken into consideration when deciding on future Products of the Month, so if you have tried one of the products listed and would like to nominate it, please email us at email@example.com
What is UltraSTEEL®?
I recently visited Hadley Group’s manufacturing plant in Jebel Ali, Dubai that manufactures UltraSTEEL® profiles by turning unformed flat steel slit coil into a unique dimpled textured strip by passing it through a set of mating UltraSTEEL® rolls prior to the main cold roll forming operation.
UltraSTEEL® is a cold rolled pre-forming process that locally work hardens the base metal. Because the process is applied to the standard base metal and in-line in the cold roll forming process, it does not increase manufacturing cost and is ideal for high volumes. In fact, over 1 billion metres of UltraSTEEL® product are manufactured each year by some of the world’s most respected brands.
Products manufactured using the UltraSTEEL® process in Dubai includes;
- Dry wall partitioning studs and tracks
- Ceiling furring systems
- UltraGRID® ceiling systems
- UltraSTRUT® support channels
- PVCu window and door reinforcements
By applying the UltraSTEEL® process you will benefit from a significant increase in the strength of the base metal, so you can produce stronger, better performing and more environmentally friendly products. The process enhances thousands of products manufactured globally by Hadley manufacturing plants and their approved licensees.
The UltraSTEEL® Advantage:
- Maintain base material thickness and incorporate UltraSTEEL® to provide a product that is stronger.
- Value engineer your product to reduce material thickness whilst maintaining product performance.
- The simplicity and flexibility of the UltraSTEEL® process make it suitable for an incredibly wide range of applications, from construction profiles, through to automotive and high grade aerospace components.
- The UltraSTEEL® process can be applied to material thicknesses from 0.25 mm to 2.0 mm
- No extra equipment or expenditure is required, and the process is employed within a standard rollforming line.
About the Hadley Group
The Hadley Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of cold rolled sections and products. We operate from purpose built premises in Dubai, United Kingdom, Germany and Thailand, and are dedicated to the provision of matchless standards of service, quality, innovation and technical expertise.
For further information on Hadley Industries and their products manufactured in the UAE please visit the company and product presentation pages on The Future Build portal.