What is it
The latest generation of MELLOW LIGHT boasts unrivalled efficiency and impressive design. Its understated stylistic idiom is teamed with uncompromising lighting technology that achieves light output ratio levels of up to 96 %.
The customer can choose between three optics: the Brightness optic for maximum efficiency and free arrangement, the HighDefinition optic for superb balance of efficiency and aesthetics and the MicroVane optic, which is suitable for applications where there are exacting requirements with respect to glare control at angles above 65° in compliance with EN 12464.
MELLOW LIGHT V is the result of consistent ongoing refinement of the successful Mellow Light concept, which is characterised, above all, by its special lighting effect and uniformity.
Zumtobel’s high level of quality is enhanced not only by sophisticated thermal management and innovative technologies, but also by first-rate materials – fundamental prerequisites for the organisation’s 5-year product guarantee.
Where can it be used
- Meeting rooms
- Consultation areas
- Training rooms
- Class rooms
- Every task area with work stations or screens
Why is it green
- Innovative & efficient state of the art LED technology
- Eco+ product (stringent certification based on lighting quality, efficiency and environmental impact)
- Environment Product Declaration Certified by ECO (Environmental construction Products and Organisation)
- Uniform light distribution in the room
- Low direct glare thanks to reduced luminance levels at any viewing angle
- Lamp image broken up, therefore no reflected glare
- Not prone to soiling thanks to sealed optic
- High-quality materials
- Nature-like light distribution in the room
- Workstations can be arranged very flexibly
- Colour temperature 4000K (WN: neutral white). 3000 K (WW: warm white) optional
- Colour rendering CRI RA >80 for office applications
- Chromaticity tolerance between multiple luminaires of up to 4 MacAdam ellipses
- High-quality, seamless, monolithic sheet-steel recessed housing with rounded corners
- Optical and thermal design optimised for maximum luminaire efficiency
- Optic can be fitted without tools and has a separate dirt seal
- MELLOW LIGHT V LED luminaires generally contain a DALI-controllable electronic ballast
- Optionally available with LED emergency lighting unit NT1, NT3, NSI or Dali
“The new technologies which are now available for manufacturing products are far removed from the past when product design was determined predominantly by mechanical processes. We are moving into a virtual era in which it will not necessarily be possible to understand the way in which something was manufactured by simply looking at it. Adopting too much of a flowing shape for a product like MELLOW LIGHT V would have been inappropriate: when one enters a room, one can see hundreds of such luminaires in rows on the ceiling with constant repetition of an identical product. Here we need to devise an idiom which, even when repeated, is refreshing without constantly calling for attention.” Design by James Irvine - Milan"