What is it
FOAMGLAS® slabs and pre-cut shapes are insulation elements produced predominantly from recycled glass, i.e. from sand, dolomite, and lime, without any addition of binders. The insulation elements consist of cellular glass with closed cell structure.
FOAMGLAS® has been proving itself for well over fifty years. With its millions of hermetically sealed glass cells, FOAMGLAS® corresponds to the ideal type of an insulating material. Due to the material structure, the vapour barrier is already “built in”. FOAMGLAS® is absolutely waterproof and vapour-tight. Due to its cell geometry FOAMGLAS® has extraordinary compressive strength, even under long-term loads.
What is the difference between FOAMGLAS and other thermal insulation?
- FOAMGLAS doesn’t burn and doesn’t give off toxic fumes in case of fire.
- FOAMGLAS is impervious to any kind of moisture.
- FOAMGLAS is sustainable, because the natural resources and environment friendly production is combined with lifelong performance.
- FOAMGLAS is a very green choice as a thermal insulation as it is produced from recycled glass
Where can it be used
FOAMGLAS® slabs and pre-cut shapes are applied for technical insulation of roofs, walls and floors, as well as for building equipment. All geometrical shapes can be served. Higher densities are used for load bearing requirements, lower densities for walls.
The FOAMGLAS® products are declared: W+F, T4+, T4, S3, Type F, and 100 – 165 kg/m³. These products are mainly applied in:
- Warm roofing systems
- Green roofs, parking decks
- Roof decks
- Façade and wall insulation systems
- Indoor insulation
- Floor insulation in industrial environment
- Ground- and perimeter-insulation
Why is it green
- is produced with lowest carbon footprint and in minimum with 66% recycling glass content (>66% recycled glass, currently automobile windscreens and waste from the window glass industry).
- is harmless for the environment and health and is foamed without CFC, HCFC or penthan.
- is non-hygroscopic, non-capillary and does not absorb water.
- is free of fibres, non-carcinogenic and does not emit toxic or mutagenic gases
- is inorganic and can be recycled or deposit as inert waste after usage
- is categorized as class A1 according to EN13501-1:2007 and DIN 4102, part 1. Products of class A1 show no contribution to fire, risk potential in terms of smoke development, toxicity, flammability, and droplets.
- has long service life and has a very positive additional effect on the total FOAMGLAS® energy balance sheet.
See brochures and datasheet.