What is it
MOSO solid panel is a visually appealing board product that consists of multiple layers of bamboo, available in multiple variations with respect to size, thickness, configuration, style and colour. These bamboo panels are especially interesting in those applications where the side of the panel remains visible, such as steps of a staircase, furniture and kitchen work tops.
Unlike hardwood, the MOSO bamboo solid beam is a very regular material in terms of stability and structure (no knots, no resins coming out) and is therefore easy to process. The maximum length of the beam is 2440mm but by using finger joints any length can be created. The MOSO beams are available in the colours caramel and natural, in both the extra hard high density version (tropical hardwood look - random line pattern) and the side/plain pressed version (regular line pattern with bamboo nodes visible). Especially in the latter version, due to the construction in various layers, very beautiful line patterns come out after milling.
Where can it be used
With the introduction of the MOSO bamboo solid beam, bamboo can now also be applied in several (semi) structural applications such as window- and doorframes, where typically (expensive) scarce tropical hardwood is used.
Why is it green
- Fast Growth: Consisting for >97% of Moso bamboo; With a growing speed of up to 1 meter per day the fastest growing plant on earth.
- Ready for harvest after 5 years (compared to up to 100 years for hardwood species) – with crop-like annual harvesting scheme of the mature stems – no deforestation.
- CO2 Neutral: Official LCA and carbon footprint studies by Technical University Delft / INBAR according to ISO 14040/44 confirm that All solid MOSO bamboo products are CO2 negative over the full life cycle (cradle to grave).
- Long lasting
- Exceptionally hard: Brinell >9,5kg/mm2 (hardest wood available).
- Certified with leading ecolabels:
- Application of MOSO bamboo panels & beams may lead to higher LEED and BREEAM certification:
- Contribution LEED BD+C - v4: MR1, MR2, EQ2, MR3 (FSC®)
- Contribution LEED BD+C v2009: MR 6, MR 7 (FSC®), IEQ 4.4 (if requested as E0)
- Contribution BREEAM: HEA2, MAT 1, MAT 3 (FSC®), MAT 5 (HD)